Thursday, November 19, 2009

Final Update: All but 2 assets built (+ motion test)

Here are the additional assets i've made since tuesday. I have most of my set pieces done, only missing my extras for my crowd, and the cityscape for the final scene. (still doing research for its composition.)

Backgrounds:



Field with tree. I wonder if i should add more variety in colors, the solid ground seems to be working for this...



Bridge

----------------

Objects and characters:



Bus; front, back, and side views. I like the detail on the headlights... I'm thinking about revisiting the taxi and adding the detail to those as well.


Donut.


Ceo. Here is his current design. Is he working? Does he seem to be the main character's superior?

-----------------

I also did a test in After Effects for the flash animations i plan to start working on today. I needed to make sure that I can effortlessly attach individual textures on characters independent of the background, and together. It took a couple of tries, but I ended up finding a way to make them work. All I have to do is parent the texture, and the layer of animation to each other, set the texture layer to overlay, the texture itself to a luma matte, and the layer to an alpha matte. They matte each other, and work together as if i layered them together in photoshop.


Everything is coming together well. I can begin animating today. I plan to have them all finished by next thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment